Sunday, June 30, 2013

What ever happened to "Thongs"?


My grandkids laugh at me when I call flip-flops by the correct name which is thongs.  No one ever asked me if they could change the name.  So today after 40 years of not owning a pair, I did it.  I bought a pair of flip-flops.  I have thought for 4 decades that they were a very uncomfortable shoes that kids wore because they were cheap for parents to buy every summer.

I was wrong, they are very comfortable.  They are still really cheap but so am I.

So long as I was on a roll I thought I might just enter the new millennium.  I had purchased a new flatscreen TV to replace the old TV in the motorhome, so it was time to change out the old coaxial cables to new HDMI cabling.  Now I can use my laptop and I-pod stereo system for watching Movies or TV.  Anyone need an old VHS tape player.  They might make a comeback someday.

I moved 95% of my clothes and stuff to the MH so I am now committed to the move.  Where a guys t-shirt collection is, so there is his heart. (a wise old saying)

What next?  You'll have to wait to see.

The All New,
Russ

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your blog each day. Welcome to the new millenium.

    ReplyDelete