Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I'm Married to a Crazy Woman

Proof I am married to a crazy woman.
How did we spend our Tuesday morning?  With my crazy wife trying to kill me.  The photo above is evidence that Terri wants me dead. 

It was a quiet morning that began with the two of us hopping in a rubber raft and enjoying a peaceful ride down the Deschutes River in Central Oregon.  Our guide, Wellman, was a professional who assured me that we would have a fine time. 

A nice beginning to a nice day on the river.
We started nice and slow.  A few minor rapids to get settled in for what was ahead.  All is going well at this point.  Our guide happened to mention that the river has increased it's flow to the highest point this year. 

We're doing just fine.
And then we fall into a whole.
Wellman is shouting orders.  Terri is rowing like a mad woman.  I am holding on for dear life.  I can see what's coming next, I'm no fool, I hold on tighter.

Who flushed the toilet?
Where did Russ go?
I can be found behind that wall of water.  Terri is screaming from pure joy.  Wellman is still barking orders.  I'm buried underwater.   I must love my wife for letting her talk me into this.
 
Starting down into the next toilet bowl.
In the end we were all fine.  I was happy to be alive.  No one was hurt.  You may ask what Terri's first words were when we finished?  She said......
 
"Can we do that again?"
I had my feet back on solid ground.  I told my dear wife that I needed to dry off before I could answer her question.

I explained to Wellman that perhaps I had enough for one day.
Life is good..... I am glad to be alive.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... Dad, Dad, Dad. Glad you lived, and glad Terrii loved it!

    ReplyDelete