Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day of the Dead

Yesterday, November 1st was "All Souls Day" and November 2 is "Day of the Dead".  These are the traditional days that the Mexicans celebrate and remember their deceased family members.  Each place we went last night had a display honoring the family members that have passed.


My favorite display was at the ice cream store.  Even the dead like ice cream.  That will definitely be the case when I am dead and gone.

I'd die for an ice cream cone.
That's me in the mirror.  I am not a dead relative.  Really.
We enjoyed the Artwalk as usual. We saw a few new studios, which really means we got to wander through a few homes in the Centro area of town.  It was great to be in nicely restored century old buildings.


We had dinner sitting on the sidewalk outside of Macaws which is a bed and breakfast inn in Olas Altas (the oldest part of town).  Good music and good food at twilight.  Also good people watching during dinner and on the bus ride home. 

Mazatlan seems to have upgraded it's bus system since we were here last.  We'll see if that means that the 45 cent buses have lost some of their unique character.  As usual we had a crazy bus driver that thought that he was a racecar driver.  It was pretty scary racing through the streets in the dark.  I held on tight and gritted my teeth.  I was glad to get off the bus alive.  Just another adventure in life.

I'll leave you with the smiling face of a beautiful Mazatlan women.  Not bad for a dead person.


1 comment: