Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Party's Over

It's Sunday morning and all the family and friends are leaving town. Jamie and Dave, Sara and Carol, Walt and Cathy, and Joanne are all headed back to Washington state.  I don't understand.  I checked the weather report this morning and Gig Harbor was 34 degrees with a high of 48.  Mazatlan is 74 this morning with a high of 80 today.  Why would they leave?


Dinner with family and friends.
To celebrate their last night in Mazatlan we went to a concert in the old theater in Centro.  We had all seen Hector Ortiz last year and he was back in Mazatlan this weekend.  The concert was all BeeGee's music and included the symphony orchestra.  It was a great show and we all enjoyed the concert.

A great show in a great theater.  The BeeGee's were "staying alive" in Mazatlan
Three balconies in a horseshoe shape. A beautifully restored late 1800's theater.
After the show we wandered around the square, enjoying more music and the girls did some last minute shopping. 


We are going to miss having everyone in town but we can only eat and party so much before it is time to get back to normal life.

Normal life will include having the condo all repainted.  Thursday, Manuel and a friend of his began the painting by doing all the ceilings.  Now you might ask why I am not painting myself?  The answer is that I can have all 1200 square feet painted for $340.00.  When I can have all that work done for that kind of price I just can't get my butt out of my easy chair to paint.

I am not lazy, I am just supporting the local Mexican economy.  Very kind of me, Huh?


I'm hard at work supervising.  I'm best at that.
Sara, Carol and Dave eating dinner.
We had our final dinner together before the concert.  We have managed to eat our way through several dozen restaurants in the last two weeks.

Brother Dave, Sister Sara and me.

Our taxi ride in the back of the red Nissan truck provided the perfect end to the day.  Adventure, loud music, flashing police lights, tourist watching and night lights, all for 120 pesos (under $10.00 US).

The girls in the back of the pick-up.  A classy ride home.
And of course a final sunset picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment