Saturday, September 7, 2013

Two Days, Lotta Passes

Our travels to Boise had it's ups and downs.  Really.

Beautiful Eastern Oregon
Driving windey roads is fun when there is absolutely no traffic.  I could be 15 or 20 minutes between seeing an oncoming car.  It would be hours between having a faster vehicle come up from behind to pass. Every curve brought a new vista and the descents from the 8 passes we went over would provide long distant views into the valleys.

We even drove through a few cloud
As we approached Unity State Park we were greeted by a rainbow in the distance.  We assumed it was our greeting card from Eastern Oregon.  Nice job Oregon.

 

There were only a few campers at Unity State Park.  It was a very quiet place in the middle of nowhere.  We pulled into a drive through site and didn't even unhook the Honda because we were going to leave early the next morning.  It would be nicer to travel in the cooler morning.
 
This is the view from our campsite overlooking Unity Lake just after dusk.
 
Unity Lake
Terri shot my favorite photo of the day.  I loved that the blue sky came through the missing boards in the old barn. 

Terri's best photo.
It's Saturday morning as I write this.  We are taking off this morning for Craters of the Moon National Park in South Eastern Idaho.  We will spend a couple days camped in the middle of a volcanic field that looks like you have been dropped onto the Moon.

I assume we will be out of cell range so I'll post again when we get back from the Moon.

3 comments:

  1. I like all your photos; now Terri's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind. Enjoy the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't lie; I thought it said "Crafters of the moon" and got really excited thinking of all the space-themed crafts you would see and (hopefully) photograph. I was a bit sad to find that it was wishful thinking...

    Terri's barn photo IS great!!

    ReplyDelete