Monday, January 6, 2014

Go With the Flow

Napping puppy, my favorite kind.
I haven't written a new blog in the last week.  I couldn't find any great inspiration from our daily life in sunny Mazatlan.  The nights have gotten cooler but the days are always 78, 79 or 80 degrees.  The weatherman has it easy here, he just has to pick from a short list of 3 numbers.  I want his job.

NO, on second thought I don't want any job.

Eva and a "Pound Puppy" playing
Eva the wonderpup is a "job" as she continues to grow physically if not mentally.  She still causes mischief constantly and hasn't any idea what "No" means.


I don't remember having issues like this when raising children.  Trinity, Tamra, Matthew and Charity were all perfect from birth until this very day.  That may seem to be a slight exaggeration to some that know them but this is my Blog and I can write anything I want to.  And if you read it on the web it must be the truth.

Rowing
I have been painting more lately.  I think I get better with age.  I paint faster, with carelessness now.  The watercolors flow better the wetter they are.  The less concerned I am with technique or precision the better the outcome.  I'm sure there is a life lesson in this but all I can come up with is "go with the flow".

Hibiscus

3 Flamenco Dancers
Upside down photo....turn your phone 180 degree to correct my stupidity.
Ditto above.
I've been asked to donate a painting for a benefit art auction.  I've got a few weeks to do a "great" painting.  I hope a deadline will push me along.



I think my next Blog will wrap-up 2013 and all that happened to those Crazy Rangers.  Until then here is another sunset photo.


And a bonus photo of the pergola at the Saturday Market in the square.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the Flamencos!!!!! They would go with my other one and I could have a whole Flamenco room. I think if Robby can collect sewing machines I should be able to collect Flamencos! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I painted another dancer in red this morning. I'll save the best ones for you.

      Delete
  3. Dad, today is Sean's birthday and I am *PRETTY SURE* he would like one of those gorgeous flamenco dancers paintings! (By which, of course, I mean that *I* really want one!)

    I think that you'd be proud of my latest artistic creation... I cut a unicorn shape out of glitter paper and glued a googley eye to it. Ain't you proud?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done two more painting since I wrote the blog. I can only hope they are half as good as your googley eyed glitter unicorn.. A goal to aim for.

    ReplyDelete