Friday, June 6, 2014

A Laid Back Day

Sunrise over W. Kerr Scott Lake this morning.
I woke up well before sunrise this morning so when I saw color through the trees I knew it was time for a morning walk with  Eva.  She was more interested in chasing the birds than the sunrise.

We're heading down the road.
I could see the color starting through the trees so we headed for the end of the peninsula we are camped on.  The colors changed as we walked and it was all over in about 10 minutes.

From pink, to orange, to yellow. 
Fading fast.
And faded.
We decided to hang around the campground today.  Our only outing was a few mile drive into Wilkesboro for Terri to see the chiropractor.  Once we were done with doctors appointment we found the Bank of America and did our first in person banking in 3 months.  Our debit cards expired on June 1st, a small surprise since the expiration date says 04/17.

It's a warm afternoon in the high 80's so I can't decide if I want to go kayaking in the lake.  Maybe this evening when it cools I'll get inspired.  I can launch right in front of our campsite so I have no excuse, other than laziness.

To the right.......
and to the left of our campsite.
This side of the peninsula has a narrow finger that goes back in.  I think I need to see what's at the end.  I can't stand not being able to know what's there.  That's how life works for me, I always want to look around the next corner.

Life is good..... and it may be even better around the next corner.

The small peninsula in the very center of the photo is where we are camped.
A dot in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment