Thursday, October 30, 2014

Life is Good in Mazatlan

Today I will take you on a quick tour of our home in Mazatlán.  But first I'll tell you the short version of how we got here. 


Portofino from across the Marina.
One day I mentioned to Terri that I wanted a bigger boat.  She laughed at me.  She announced that would not happen until she had a home in Mexico to retire to.  I knew there would be no new boat until I delivered on a place in sunny Mexico.  I became inspired to find the right place so that I could find the next boat.

That's how we ended up with our Mazatlán condo.  My dreams changed from a bigger boat to an RV and now we are both happy RV'ing and spending our Winters on the sixth floor over looking the boats at Marina Mazatlán. So here's the quick visual tour.

We're second from the left, up six floors.
Our view from the balcony overlooks the swimming pool and the Marina.
The Sea of Cortez (Pacific Ocean) is out at the horizon.
We decided not to go subtle..... bold Mexican colors.

I've enjoyed my slight addiction to collecting blown glass and art.
Looking back into the kitchen.
Here is a close-up of a painting by one of Mazatlán's best painters, Tikio.
Master bedroom.
My guitars.
A view out the bedroom bay windows.
And another piece of blown glass.
Here is strange cultural difference that you find in Mexican kitchens.  Because tortillas are cooked with every meal the gas stoves have a center grill that is made just for that purpose.  We have become good Mexicans and make tortillas all the time.

Not only do stoves have a center grill,
they have a fold down glass top... a really good idea.

I won't show you the other two bedrooms, you'll have to come visit to see them.  We love guests, so consider this an open invitation to come on down and see our town.  We have a room waiting for you.

Last but not least we have a nice big pool and lots of grass and flowers.  And the best part is I don't have to mow the lawn or clean the pool.

As I was finishing writing this blog I stopped to shoot one last photo.  Tonight's sunset over the Marina.

Life is very good.

4 comments:

  1. Dad, you make homemade tortillas? I'm SO gonna drag Sean down there again soon! It was cold and rainy all day in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I just found tickets SEA ---> MZT round-trip for $526 per person. I was thinking in February (our five-year anniversary). And of course I want to invite friends! Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be cajoled at that price, especially since Terri mentioned you guys have Internet now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charity and Sean, We would love to have you come down. February will work fine. Let us know the dates before you purchase tickets. Call me, you never call. Whine.

    ReplyDelete