Friday, October 10, 2014

Yosemite National Park

Here was our invitation to enter Yosemite National Park.  If you can't drive thru that rock you might as well not go any further.  It doesn't get easier as you go.


Hold your breath and drive fast.... it will fit.
We've been out of touch this week as we have camped deep inside Yosemite.  We were at Crane Flat campground with no cell coverage.....or water or electricity or sewer.  If it wasn't for the full moon there wouldn't have been any outdoor light.

Bridalveil Falls
We drove and hiked for three days.  With an elevation of 8,000 feet the temperatures were great for morning hikes and warming to the 80's in the afternoon.  The lake at 8,500 feet was definitely not warm enough to swim in, at least by me.

Tenaya Lake
Eva liked the view, not the cold water.
Granite and more granite.
We drove most of the major roads through the park but Yosemite Valley loop road was the highlight.  Here are a bunch of photos from our drives.

Love those reflection photos.


In the early days of the park, stagecoaches
would pass through this stump.
Sequoia trees.
How big and how old?
100 feet around and over 3,000 years old.
Old people hiking 3 1/2 miles.  First half down hill, second half UPHILL.
Pacific Dogwood, changing colors in the Fall.
Lots of rock climbers, but not me.
Near the end.... another dead tree shot.
We are stopped for the day in Fresno to have some brake work done on the motorhome.  Because I write only positive and optimistic reports I will skip the story about our adventure being towed out of Yosemite.  I did the right thing and used the towing insurance as opposed to the manly "white knuckle drive down the mountains."   Smart move.  I'm learning in my old age.

It would have been a shame to not be able to share my final photo with you all.  Here is my artistic inspiration while eating pretzels the other evening.  It's almost as good as my rock stacking.

Our new salt and pepper shakers and my fine art.
Life is good....Love u.

1 comment: