Sunday, October 5, 2014

What's in a Name?

After 10 days in Livermore, CA it feels good to be moving down the road again.  We were without normal hook-ups except the extension cord we ran to Corey's garage for a few days, so we needed to find a place to stop for the night on the way to Yosemite.  We choose the Castle Air Museum because they had full hook-ups and 50 amp power.

The bonus is they have an amazing 56 military airplane museum a couple hundred feet away from our front door.  (Hey Matt, Do they let you fly one of these on the weekends?  My son Matt is a USAF Master Sargent - Computer Hacker - NSA.)

That's our motorhome being stabbed by the nose of an RA-5C Vigilante Attack Bomber.  Ouch.
We arrived in the early afternoon and following lunch I decided to walk the grounds to see the planes.  The temperature was just under 100 degrees so I didn't know how long I would last.  After I had walked about a third of the grounds I flagged a fellow down who was driving a golf cart.  We had a nice talk about RV's, he and his wife traveled for over twenty years before settling down in California this last year.  I hope I can still be traveling in my 80's like he was.

He was nice enough to drive me to the far end of the exhibits so that I would only have to walk the distance back to the entrance.  The history of these planes made for a great afternoon.

Here's what I learned today..... I need to name my RV.  It was good enough for these pilots and it's good enough for me.  Let the inspiration begin.

Of course I will picture Terri on the nose of our RV.
Maybe a little much.
That won't do!!!
That's more like Terri.
Subtle.
Perhaps just teeth will do.
Teeth and a jet engine to swallow you.  I will need to upgrade my RV engine.

I think I found the perfect historical name for the motorhome.  There it was on the side of a bright blue fighter jet.  "Russ' Revenge".  What could be better.  Where's my paint brush.  I need to get started.  I'm sure Terri will love it..... oh..... maybe I better ask her before I start.

Dear, have another glass of wine.... I need to ask you a question.

While I think a little more about how the discussion will go I'll show you a few more photos.

Stealth
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
 
A 20 Megaton Thermonuclear Bomb
(1 megaton equals 1 million tons of TNT.)
42,500 pounds or equal to 2 of my RV's 
 
Old man daydreaming.
It was another very good day.  Even if I don't get to paint an obnoxious emblem on the side of the RV I can still say, "Life is Good".

No comments:

Post a Comment