Monday, February 16, 2015

Proposal and a Parade to Celebrate

My dear youngest daughter has big news.  She messaged me with this photo.  We played phone tag but I was finally able to ask her if it was true or if she was pulling my leg.  She getting married. As she writes, "Guess who GOT PROPOSED TO???? Eeeeeeeeee!"  My baby's getting married.

A ring on the finger.  Sean  you have made me a happy father.
I couldn't be happier and prouder to have Sean as our next son-in-law.  He is a great guy who has loved my daughter for years.  We couldn't ask for more.

And to celebrate the occasion I asked my home town, Mazatlán, to throw a big parade in honor of Charity and Sean.

There were lighted floats.....
Dancing in the streets.
Lots of loud music.......
Big smiles everywhere........
To put it simply, everyone was excited for Sean and Charity.
I can't say I'm surprised at the turnout, 220,000 people are excited that my baby is getting married.

I'm one excited Dad.  Life is very, very good.

4 comments:

  1. YAY for Chee & Sean! Their parade was beautiful. How sweet of Mexico to do that for them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must have made quite an impression on Mazatlán when they visited last month. I wonder what the town will do upon your arrival? I sure they are planning as I write.

    Love, DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M GETTING MARRIED! Who WOULDN'T want to throw a party?!? (But, yes, thank you, Mazatlan!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russ, I'm honored by your words and the exaltation at the news as far away as Mazatlan. I'm very happy myself! Who could ask for a better fiancebot than Charity Ranger?!? <3

    ReplyDelete