Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Doctor, Doctor, Mr. MD.....

....Can you tell me what's ailing me?

So we all have been sharing the same cold for the last few weeks.  Once one person gets a little better, the next person would get it.  It was time to brake this coughing cycle.

We belong to Group Health, but they don't do us any good while we are in Mexico.  It was time to find a "Doc in the Box".  In the USA we have urgent care centers that we can drop into, in Mazatlán there are a bunch of small doctors offices located near the pharmacies.


Sister Sara waiting her turn.  Terri is in seeing the doctor.
The prices on the chart are in pesos, not dollars.  That's right, a doctors appointment for less than $3.00.

We each saw the doctor separately and each agreed that he gave a thorough exam.  He spoke great English and asked lots of questions.  Following blood pressure, examining throat and ears, listening to heart, lungs and chest, he tapped and poked like any other doctor.  We talked some more and he wrote two prescriptions for me.  I've got a cold.

Total cost for my appointment and meds was $18.02.  Terri had three meds and her cost was $27.35.

A few pills to cure us.
Now to see if we can get rid of our colds.  I have to say I was happy with Dr. Humberto Cardenas. 

Life is good and will be even better without our colds.

Just another sunset.

2 comments:

  1. Is it the same cold I had when Charity and I were there? Ugh that was rough, as it stuck with me for a few weeks after getting home even!

    ReplyDelete