Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Hamburger Theory of World Economics

I'm not a brilliant man.  I certainly did not earn top grades when I was in school.  None of my friends ever referred to me as their "smart" friend.  I don't have any letters after my name. 

But I'm about to show you that I may be slightly smarter than average.  Only slightly.

I'm about to disclose my brilliant theory of world economics.  I've spent years perfecting this simple theory.  "The Hamburger Theory of World Economics".

Decades ago I went to Europe.  This was long before the internet, smart phones and the information highway.  It was before the "Euro" was the common currency.  Every country had a different currency.  As I moved from country to country I had no idea what each currency was worth.

Each time I changed countries I would step off the train and look for McDonalds.  There was always a golden arches to guide my way.  I would step into the lobby and check the price of a Big Mac.

I could instantly know the value of a Franc or a Leare.

A simple mental calculation would give me an idea of what the world thought that countries currency was worth.

Now how does this apply to our life in Mexico?  Let's consider a Mexican hamburger (Hambergasa).

World Economics in action.
I'm about to enter the area of politics, I apologize.  No matter what a politician may tell you about the state of the world or our country..... remember this..... a hamburger doesn't lie.

Here is a deep truth.  Prepare to embrace this truth.  Remember a hamburger doesn't lie.

The good old USA is doing just fine in the minds of the world.  The US dollar is stronger than it has been in years.  The hamburger prices prove it.

Terri and I could eat a dinner of a Whopper, fries and a Coke for $3.30 each.  Now we wouldn't do that with all the great food available here, it's just a financial lesson.  If we wanted to go cheap a Whooper Jr., fries and a Coke would be $1.93.

No matter what Fox News or CNBC may tell you, the world thinks the US dollar is strong.  It's not just talk, when the world sets exchange rates they are betting their money on us.  They are betting in favor of the USA.  The hamburger proves it.

Enjoying real food.
Now to prove we would not eat a Big Mac or a Whopper here was last nights dinner out at Three Hermanos in the Marcado.  Terri had 3 Pollo Tacos and I had 3 Pollo Sopas.  We each had a Coke Light.  Dinner was $3.14 each.  The US dollar IS strong.

I trust that I have impressed you with my brilliant financial mind.  If not than we will just continue our simple lives here in Paradise.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment