Monday, March 23, 2015

I've Got the Itch

I've got the itch again.  It's not a physical ailment, it's a mental issue.  Our time in Mexico is coming to a close, our 180 day tourist visa will expire in the middle of April.  The car and us will be leaving Mazatlán on April 14th so that we won't become illegal immigrants.

I'm ready to get back to life in the motorhome and traveling.

I caused my own ailment by beginning to read a book on the 5 National Parks in Utah.  It's my own fault, this has happened before, I should never have picked up that darn book. 

We are staying busy but several of our friends have left Mexico and things are winding down here for the snowbirds.

A selfie with a couple of my students.
I've taught my final class with our ESL students.  It was a good year at the new school and I look forward to next year already.  Third graders are very fast learners and it was good to see the changes from our first class to the last.  Teacher RRRRRooooss is on break until next Fall.


A new moon rising over the marina during a nightly walk.

We are increasing the length of our evening walks to try to get ready for the hiking in Utah.  The evening temperatures have dropped enough to make it a little more comfortable to be out walking after dark.  As we reach the end of Winter, the temperatures are consistently over 80 degrees every day.  Mexican Summer is starting.  We will be long gone by the time triple digits arrive.



We continue to find great music to listen to each week.  Yesterday was a five band concert on the beach in Cerritos.  The location was great for over 500 expats to enjoy the day.


Plenty of shade provided by the 10 tents.
The evening sunset came during the last bands performance.  It was a fine finish to our day.

The Sun sinks into the Sea of Cortez.

Pink sky at night, sailors delight.
Life is good, the itch ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment