Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Trinity is Coming to Town

Looking South on the Malecon.
The Malecon looking North.
The other day I was walking the Malecon, a 5 mile white sand beach, between El Centro and the Golden Zone.  I had been to the dentist and it was a beautiful morning for a walk.

The interesting thing about these two photos is that there is no one on the beach.  Samena Santa begins tomorrow and there will be over 100,000 people on that same beach for the four day Easter weekend.  It is the biggest tourist weekend of the year here in Mazatlán.

That's my oil painting in the upper left corner.
I had the opportunity to show a couple of my paintings at an art show this last week.  It was a nice chance to eat some good food and talk with other painters.  The most interesting painting of the evening wasn't the normal canvas.  It was a formal dress that a Mexican artist had painted for her daughter.

Mother and daughter
The artist had painted images of Mexican movie stars from the fourties, each movie star was captured in the intertwined movie film that wound through the dress.


The bottom oil painting of the Lady with the Calilillies is my latest. 
Just for fun here is an abstract floral watercolor/pen and ink from last week.  This was the last week for the Friday morning watercolor group.  I have to thank the group for letting me be their token male again this year.


A colorful bunch of flowers.
The really big news is my oldest daughter and her husband arrive in Mazatlán tomorrow.  We have Trinity and David along with their friends Vance and Jasmine staying with us for 8 days.  Trinity will be 40 years old on the 17th of April.  It is going to be nice to spend time with them.  This may be one of the few times that they will be without their kids.  Our grandkids are at home in Kirkland.

For the last 18 years they have been busy raising their family, so I am looking forward to some time with Trinity.  Quality Father/ Daughter time at last.

Sunset from the balcony, again.
Life is good.....time with my first baby.


2 comments:

  1. I'm excited, too, Dad!!!!!!!!! See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trin (and Dave) ARE pretty awesome!

    P.S. I really like your oil paintings! :)

    ReplyDelete