Tuesday, October 1, 2013

We're in Moab - Politicians are Idiots

We completed or trip to Moab/Aches National Park this morning.  A few thousand miles of wandering and we are here.  We've made reservations to spend a week here.  We're all set to go.  So what could go wrong, it's been a great adventure so far.

On the road to Moab.
The brilliant politicians in Washington D.C. seem to have forgotten that I have been planning and looking forward to this portion of our journey for months and months.  They closed all National Parks.  What?  The idiots don't seem to want my vote in the next election.

So here is my wish for each and everyone of them:  May their Federal Retirement Plans all disappear.  I hope they all get a big pimple on the end of their noses.  May they each lose their house keys and maybe their car keys also.  I hope that the next dog they walk by pees on their shoes.  And last but not least I hope that in the next election they each receive only one vote and that is because their mothers still like them.

So we are not going to sit around waiting for the idiots to do their jobs.  Tomorrow morning we will be taking a raft trip down a chunk of the Colorado River.  They can't stop Terri and I from having an adventure.

Still on the road to Moab.
The weather here is sunny and in the mid eighties.  Terri is very happy.  I'm a little warm.  I miss last weeks snow.

Still on the road into Moab.
We will probably extend our stay here in Moab, Utah until we can see Arches and Canyonland National Parks. We went to the visitors center today and put together a plan of thing to see and do during our wait.  We won't be bored.

In what generation will the children no longer know the term "telephone pole"?
So if any of you personally know a politician let them know that Russ Ranger is not happy with them and that they should not get close to any dogs this next week.

I want to go on record saying that I am an experienced river rafter.  My brother Dave and I could tell stories about that rubber raft.  Not only did it serve as a swimming pool, it once went down the Wenatchee Gorge with us in it.  My front tooth did not make it home but we were both happy to be alive.
My brother and I are the studs on the right side of the photo.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about the parks.Good for you & Terri having good times, despite the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you were even more homeless than usual. Have fun floating down the river!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy will be on the lookout to pee on politician shoes!

    Did you lose any teeth this time?

    ReplyDelete