Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Nice Drive, 4 States

Terri navigates us to another great location.
After a full week in Mississippi it was time to move on.  The weather held us at Davis Bayou longer than we had planned but being flexible usually has its' rewards.  Good food, relaxation and a great location was last weeks rewards.

Our plans have had to change completely due to the flooded areas we had hoped to visit.  In talking to other campers that were hunkered down with us, we learned of a few jewels that were ahead on our trip.

Today we were in 4 states: Mississippi, Alabama, Florida and ending our drive just over the Georgia state line at Lake Seminole.  We are at Eastbank - Corp. of Engineers Park.  It is a "Jewel" and well worth the 264 mile drive today.

Our lakeside location.  87 degrees this afternoon.
The view out our front door.
Sunset over Lake Seminole.
I had to say my final good byes to my pet gator this morning.
Parting is such sweet sorrow.
We were close.
But not that close.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset! Also, a big THANK YOU for letting me come along on your adventures. I am looking forward to the day Bobby and I can begin ours.

    ReplyDelete