Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Have a New Anthem

A fellow square dancer, Dan Dubiek, sent me a youtube video.  I now have a new anthem.  It sums up my deepest feelings.  Click on the link below to listen to a great song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=WsOMeru8pxQ&sns=em

This new song replaces the song I sing to Terri each month, "When our old age pension check comes to our door".  About twenty years ago I found a "Sons of the Pioneers" CD that reminded me of the music my father listened to when I was a kid.  I never liked old country western music as a kid, but I bought the CD on a whim.  It has grown on me in my old age.

Sons of the Pioneers Members Roy Rogers

Who couldn't love Roy Rogers singing with "The Sons of the Pioneers"?  Have a listen and see if you don't agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljAa_PKsgf4

Wasn't I right.  Quality music will live forever.

We moved on to San Antonio today.  We will be spending the next four days here as the city begins "Fiesta".  It is the cities biggest celebration much like SeaFair in Seattle.

We will be meeting up with the Makins from Gig Harbor who are here on vacation.  Our timing was perfect as our paths crossed here in San Antonio.  It will be a warm wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Here is my favorite Sons of the Pioneers song:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBHc2qafgU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree "Cool Waters" was one of their best. I also like "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" and have been known to sing it to Terri as a tumbleweed rolls across the road in front of us. Doesn't happen in Western Washington.

      Delete