Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mountain Goats


Ten mountain goats.  Can you spot them all?  These were part of a larger group we saw this evening.  The babies stuck close to their moms and they all just went about their business of eating and ignored us as they climbed the rocks.

The old guy kept an eye on us.
Eventually they all wandered over the ridge out of sight.  They weren't in any hurry, they obviously own this mountain.


We drove into St. George this morning to purchase a new entry handle for our front steps.  Ours had broken a few days ago and I was amazed how trained I had become to reach for that handle when I go up the steps.  After a few dozen times of reaching for the missing handle I knew it was time to go to the big town and find one.

New handle installed.
This morning was also time to take care of chores.  It's not all fun and games out here.  I drove the motorhome into Springdale to fill the propane tank.  ($67.62)  It's a really big tank that I only have to fill a few times per year.  While I was away from the campsite I filled the fresh water and dumped the black and gray tanks.  We have no electricity, water or any hookups here in the National Park, so it has been more like boondocking.  But at a cost of $8.00 per night I can't complain.

Complain?  With views like this evenings there is no room to complain about anything.

We drove East to see the mountains at sunset.  It was wonderful.


Mountains casting shadows on mountains.  Cool.

Checkerboard Mountain.
Driving in and out of the shadows.

Evening has come to the valley we are in.
Wild flowers at dusk.
We feel blessed to be where we are..... life is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment