Monday, December 7, 2015

Needa Piñata for your Posada?



Have you got your Piñata for your Christmas party?   If not, there are a few hanging in the market in El Centro. 




Let me know which one you need, I'm not sure if they will fit in the backseat of the Honda.  If it doesn't fit I learned how to beat one with a stick at last years Posada.  A few whacks and it will fit just fine.

So long as I was wandering around the Mercado I thought I would take you on a photo tour of the food portion of the old market.


The "Mercado Jose Maria Pino Suarez" covers an entire square block in the center of downtown (El Centro).  It opened in 1899 and is still a very active and busy place to shop.


The hundreds of stalls sell almost anything you can imagine and a few that are just plain strange.

What am I supposed to do with this?
Everything from the Sea of Cortez.

The food portion of the market is much larger than the Pike Place Markets food vendors in Seattle.




This young fellow had a few Key Limes.
For my sister Sara.... Need a yam?
This lady sells Macaroons and baked sweet potatoes and yams.  I've eaten quite a few of her Macaroons through the years.


I stopped this lady to see her cakes.  I came very close to having cake for lunch.

Time for a drink.
I love Horchata and Jamaica.  The national drinks are sold on street corners everywhere, they are excellent.

What is it?
Here is a whole display of some type of food that I don't have a clue what it is.  Not knowing doesn't stop me from buying different foods.  Today I purchased a marinated pork because it looked good.  I have no idea what I bought, but we'll find out at dinner tonight. 

What's for dinner at the Rangers tonight?  I have no idea.  I forgot the name on the way home.  Hope it's good, it's going in a tortilla tonight.



Thus ends my small tour of about half of the market.  Oh I forgot, there is also an upstairs full of restaurants.  More stuff to write about later.


So how hot is it this Winter in Mazatlán?  What Winter?  111 degrees on the deck when I got home this afternoon.  I couldn't believe it so I checked my computer.

My computer doesn't lie.
Only 88.5.  Humidity 74%  But the line under the temperature says, " Feels like 104."  I feel so much cooler knowing it's not really 111.



Eva running in the Pacific yesterday.  Runs like a greyhound.
At least the warm weather has kept me swimming.  The only slightly cool place is the pool.  I did 50 lengths this morning.  Not bad for an old man.

Life is Good & Warm.

2 comments:

  1. Love the market! So colorful and so is your story. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos, and thanks for the Christmas card, REVA

    ReplyDelete