Thursday, November 19, 2015

Cabana Construction

It was time to repair the four cabanas that provide shade around our pool.  The monsoons and sun had taken their toll on the palm fronds that cover the bamboo huts.

I'm supervising from the sixth floor.
Under my excellent supervision the 5 men will complete the project in two days.  They were hard at work this morning when I drug myself out of bed before sunrise.  And they were working hard last night after dark.  My supervision is getting results.

Their first task was to strip all the old palms off the structures.


Next they sew and tie one leaf at a time onto the bamboo frame.

The view from inside.
Hanging on by their toes for 13 hours a day.
There are usually four guys above and one guy on the ground throwing the bundles of leafs up.  They tie the dried palms with a green palm strand.

Inside a finished cabana.

These two guys are tying the round palm cone that goes on the top of one of the small round cabanas.


I'll be sure to keep the guys working until they finish tonight.  Sundown doesn't mean it is quitting time.  I'll be up on my sixth floor deck with a cold drink in my hand, doing my part.

Here was last nights early till later sunset.




Life is good...... I'm working very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment