Thursday, March 23, 2017

Winter 2016 - 2017

I'll see if I can remember how to write a blog, it has been a four month break since I last wrote.  My daughter Trinity asked why I had stopped writing.  The simple answer is, "I'm a lazy bum."

In many ways it has been a busy Winter here in Mazatlan.  We have over eaten, enjoyed dancing and listening to great live music, walking the dog along the ocean beaches, working at the animal shelter, painting pictures.... just enjoying being retired old people.  It has also involved perfecting our "siesta" talents.  We're getting good at this fine cultural custom.

Proof that I haven't been totally lazy.
16x20 oil painting.
In the last four months we have made a quick trip back to Washington state to celebrate Christmas with family.  We've done a road trip of 650 miles the visit San Blas, San Sebastian and Puerto Vallarta to visit friends from our former yacht club, DIYC.  We've hosted visitors to Mazatlan.  I guess it has been a busy Winter.

Amazingly the Beatles came to Mazatlan to play a concert at the Opera House.
We've also had a few nice sunsets.






We have a little over a week before we head north to the US.  This Spring we will get back just in time to fly to Florida to begin a 17 day repositioning cruise that will take us through the Panama Canal and a visit to 5 Central American countries before the ship moves North to Seattle.  After we return to Tucson to pick-up the motorhome we will move slowly toward Yellowstone National Park.  From there we will go into Saskatchewan, Canada.  We'll work our way West after visiting Saskatoon moving West through Canada until we return to Washington state in July.

We are looking forward to getting back to the motorhome.  It still feels like home, even though it moves every few days.

One of six dancers that I painted this Winter.
A few were donated to charity auctions.
  I'll be back to blogging once we are traveling again.  OK Trinity?

As we close-out our fourth Winter of retirement I can indeed say..... Life Is Good.

1 comment: