Thursday, November 14, 2013

Baseball, Beaches, Bad Drivers and BBQ Ribs

We are in full swing "FFT" family fun time.  The party has begun.  We went to the baseball game last night.  We had fourteen family members and friends watching Mexican Winter League Baseball.  It was a great time and our Venados won 7-1.  It was Wednesday night and the usual crazy crowd must not show up at midweek games.  It was much quieter than normal.  The mascot (a Dear) was even a little less crazy than normal.


Terri's nephew and niece, Cory and Jennette, arrived and we have been getting them introduced to Mazatlan.  That has involved a lot of eating.  We started by taking them to our favorite ribs place.  Cory had two lobsters and a full rack of ribs, I was impressed when he ate it all. Last night it was tacos at  Diagos, which is  a beach  restaurant right on the sand.  We watched a nice sunset and enjoyed our dinner before hopping in an open air taxi to go to the ball game.

Barefoot in the sand on the beach at Cerritos.
The ocean water is more like bath tub temperature than cool.  It is easy to walk right in. 

Jeanette is surprised at the amount of unoccupied white sand beach there is.  It is November but there just aren't that many tourists down here yet.  The first cruise ship in three years was in the other day and it was still quiet around town.

I am happy to report that I have adapted to the Mexican style of driving.  I go to fast, I change lanes to often and I have learned to beep my horn.  I am so proud.  So far I haven't even come close to getting a ticket because I am still the slowest car on the road.  I will have to strive to become a crazy driver.

My sister Sara arrives on Sunday.  She started us all on this Mexican adventure ten years ago.  She told my brother and I it was time to start vacationing together.  Mazatlan was our first big "Family Vacation".  We liked it enough that we have been coming back every year and the group has grown larger each year.  There's something about sun, good food and family that makes it easy to spend time here on a winters day.

The invitation still stands, we have an extra bedroom waiting for you in Mazatlan.  I will guarantee sunny weather if you come.

There is a place by the pool waiting for you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking a few minutes away from Otto to pack today! I'll see you on Sunday. Save some fun for me!

    ReplyDelete