Monday, November 11, 2013

Mud & Football & Glass Women

My newest lady.
I'll start with the newest addition to my glass collection.  I think she looks good for a dead lady.  Although the condo is full of glass stuff there is always room for one more piece.  I'm just doing my part to  help the Mexican economy and I love the artwork available here.

Sunday was spent watching Seahawks football at the local sports bar on the Marina.  They had all 21 TV's tuned into the Seahawks game.  I got tired of sitting in a regular restaurant chair and went looking for something more comfortable.  This is what I found.


I was the envy of about 40 Seahawk fans as I rocked and watched a great game.  The main feature of this sports bar is cheap beer.  Draft beer is 7 pesos a mug.  That translates to 55 cent beer.  It's cheaper than water or soda.  They have a sign on their front door that says, "Husband Daycare Center".

The food was good and the 8 of us had a nice afternoon yelling at the TV sets.  I'm sure the Mexicans think we are crazy because you should only scream and yell for real football (soccer).

We walked back home for what we thought would be a quiet afternoon.  It didn't go that way. 

I heard the revving of truck engines and went to the East side of our condo to see what was happening.  It was monster truck competition time in the wetlands across the road.  About a dozen 4x4 trucks and Jeeps had assembled for an afternoon competition to see who could cross the wetlands without burying their truck.  We brought out two chairs and our cold drinks.  We were ready for a afternoon of free entertainment.

How deep can you bury your truck?
Approaching dusk and still burying trucks.
As dusk approached more 4x4's arrived and eventually they had 6 trucks buried deep in the mud.  The scramble to tow and pull the unfortunate losers out of the mud began.  As the sun went down and it became pitch black they still had 4 trucks buried. When we got ready for bed they still had two stuck and we thought they would just leave them for morning.  I guess not, they were gone this morning when I looked out at 6:00.

What I learned from watching this spectacle was that Jeeps are way better in mud than big tired/jacked up monster trucks.  We watched a monster truck bury himself 4' deep in the mud.

We enjoyed our sixth floor view looking down on the action.  We will see if it repeats next Sunday.

The weather forecast is for sun, sun and more sun.  More friends are arriving today and tomorrow: Roy, Tom & Diane, Joanne, Walt & Cathy.  Terri's nephew and his wife, Cory & Jeanette will be staying with us starting Tuesday.

Let the party begin.

1 comment:

  1. How tall is your glass lady? Does she have a name? Mine is named Delores.

    ReplyDelete