Sunday, June 12, 2016

Siena, Italy

We are in Siena for two nights.  So far we love what we see.  There will be more exploring today once the rain/hail storm passes.


We are about two blocks from the main square.  It's Sunday morning and people are starting to arrive in the square.




The accordion players are coming down our street as I write.
I had to lean out the window to see who was coming.
I tossed a couple of coins down, he caught them both in his hat. 
I'll show you a few photos of the AirBnB we are staying at in Siena.  It's a very nice second floor apartment with every convenience nearby.  The apartment is close to 2,000 square feet.  There are two young ladies sharing the apartment but we have only said hello in passing.


The kitchen and dining room.
I love the arched brick ceiling.
Nice modern kitchen in a building that is centuries old.
Looking straight out our bedroom window is an old church that is now a museum.
We just got back from a walk that was interrupted by a rain squall.  We're back drying out and taking a break.  We stopped and had lunch.  We followed that with a gelato.

They make it hard to choose which gelato.
 
We continue to eat too well.  Dinner the other night was Ravioli for me and Gnocchi for Terri.  We have both become big fans of olive oil and vinegar as a dip for our bread.  As you can see Terri was able to find another nice red wine to go with her dinner.

Wishing well.
We hop on a train tomorrow morning to go to Rome for 5 days.  Following Rome will be 7 days on the west coast of Italy in Sorrento.

Waiting for the train yesterday morning. The sun was just coming over the mountain top.
Life is good.  I've got a story to tell but it will have to wait until another time.  Hint: Not everything that happens to us is good.

A watercolor I painted during last nights rain storm.
A Cinque Terra scene from last weeks travels.
Yesterday as we were walking I found a small store with watercolors and paper and a few brushes. I spent about 15 Euros and I was ready to do some painting.  If I become famous as an Italian painter I'll be surprised.  I'll settle for being a famous Mexican painter.


 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete