Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Buzz Cuts

Elkhart style RV
We are spending our second night at the RV/MH Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  We had a list of RV things we wanted to find and Elkhart is the place to do that.  I found an electrical box and cabinet hardware I needed and hadn't found in the last year of looking.

The 50 vehicle museum is in back of the glassed front area..
Our biggest task was to find a new couch/sleeper for the motorhome.  The fourth place we went to was RV Nation and they had the piece we wanted.  They had a person that helped me remove the old sleeper and install a new 68" queen size jack-knife couch with air mattress and a pull-out storage draw underneath.

It's not quite a Sleep Number Bed but it is a vast improvement over the old mattress a few quests have had to sleep on.  We are now taking reservations to join us in our RV or our home in Mazatlán this Fall.

Light brown fabric for a future match to new carpeting.
My drivers seat and Terri's passenger seat, as well as my recliner are a cream color leather and we did NOT want another leather piece of furniture.  The largest RV furniture store we visited only had leather pieces.  I guess when people spend so much for an RV they want leather even if it is not that comfortable to sit on.

Terri tested a dozen couches with her "Lay down iPad position" to assure a happy future for herself.

While we were off shopping our poor puppy was getting her first haircut.  I'm not sure who was more traumatized by the event.... Terri or Eva?  Eva didn't seem to mind but I think Terri was in shock when we picked Eva up at the groomers.


Eva's ears and tail left natural... the rest a short buzz cut.
Eva is now half the size she was this morning.  We play fetch all the time and I think she is faster in her new trimmed state.

Old RV's on display out in front of the Museum.
   I think I like the 40's and 50's models the best.
We're off to Illinois and than Wisconsin tomorrow.  If all goes as planned we will be staying at a state park just north of Madison, a drive of 320 miles.  I'm looking forward to more poorly maintained toll roads.

Life is good with a buzz cut.... for both Eva and I.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with that final statement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, I like the "where we have been" map. Is that new?

    Also, Eva is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete