Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Where To Next?

We entered year two today.  July 1st was our beginning date last year.  We had a plan for the first year but decided to get through the first year before considering our plan for 2014-2015. 

Terri on day one in the Quinault Rain Forest, Olympic National Park
We know our plan for this Summer will include getting back to Washington at some point but we're not sure what month that will be. (July or August?)  We keep talking about our trip going West but right now we don't have any goals as to what we want to see along the way. 

We will leave here on July 8th and could arrive back in a week or two.  But I don't  think I am willing to drive that many miles in a day.  We will stop in Flint, Michigan to visit our oldest grandson, Andrew.  He is an engineering student at Kettering University.  From Flint on we will wing-it.

I guess you will have to keep reading to see where we end up going on our trip West.  Let me know what your suggestions are, we are open to routing changes.

We went to the National Zoo in DC on Tuesday.  Grandson Billy enjoyed himself but after several miles of walking in 95 degree heat, we adults were shot.  My pictures were awful, so I won't bother you with them today.

Not an official DC government car.  Maybe CIA or FBI undercover?
Life is good for us Peeps.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got\ time to visit Matt&Co., and that you'll see Andrew. Can't wait to see you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you went to the zoo, did you get a picture of the Panda bear for me?? (When I went to a disability conference in DC (2004?), I visited the panda in the zoo and he went poo just for me. It was special.)

    ReplyDelete