Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's a Fine Hobby

I've been out of touch a few days while I worked on one of my hobbies.  I don't collect many "things" because there is not room in the motorhome for unnecessary stuff.  But I felt that it was time to acquire another "Stent" for my heart.  Although I already have 4 stents and a mechanical valve in my heart it was time for just one more.

I couldn't turn down the offer to get another stent and keep on living.  Great offer.

We found ourselves staying 1.6 miles from the Regional Medical Center in Rapid City, South Dakota and when I "felt" the need.  It was time to run down the hill.  I was in luck, they have a bunch of cardiologists to pick from and they offered next day service.

After three days of fine hospital food, all night poking and blood draws I was sent home today with my complete (hopefully) collection of 5 stents.  It would be selfish to want more.

As a bonus I was able to add to my "old Man" pill collection so that I now have become my father.  I have enough bottles to confuse a genius, but I sat down and color coded and numbered them all for quick reference. We'll see if I can remember my new system.

It may be time to look for a new hobby.

I'm fine and life is good.

One day I'm with the Presidents,
The next day a Cardiologist.
I enjoyed Lincoln more.

2 comments:

  1. I disapprove of your hobbies. I hope you feel better. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Matt on all of these.

    ReplyDelete