Sunday, January 18, 2015

Finding Sea Shells by the Sea Shore

 
The beaches here change with every storm.  Sometimes there is only miles of white sand.  Following big surf there are pockets of beach that are covered in shells that the waves have rolled in.  Although last week the weather was normal the waves were again bringing in treasures to be found.
 
When you search hard enough you can also find sea glass that has been worn smooth by the moving sands.
 
Treasures hidden for the taking.
Here's last weeks shells and sea glass that we found along the beach just North of us.  Terri gets credit for having better vision, she seems to find more sea glass than I do.


Here's what I do with my shell collecting..... I keep adding them to several glass bowls I have around the house.

My brother Dave probably found most of the shells in this bowl.




The best part of collecting shells and sea glass is the beach walks.  Terri and I like the walks, Eva LOVES her beach time.



Life is good at the beach.  My sister Sara and two friends arrive in Mazatlán on the 26th.  We'll add to the collection of sea shells with their help.

No comments:

Post a Comment