Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Awesome Third Grade Class

I'm back teaching English at a third grade class in a new school this year.  "Primaria Estatal Jardines Valle" is a public elementary school that serves a neighborhood near the city dump.  It is definitely not a rich area, but the same as last year the kids are great.  After leaving class today I realize how blessed we are to have been born where we were.

Here are some of my smiling students.  They are excited to learn English.  I'm more excited to be their teacher.




She's very shy.  She's one of my favorites.
After class clowning around for the camera.
The group I work with "Friends of Mexico" has adopted this school and is responsible for most of what you see in the pictures of the grounds.  The school began a few years ago as a dirt field with a few class rooms.  The area between the classrooms was just an open dirt playground.  The covered basketball court, big toy, kitchen are all new additions.


An almost empty classroom during recess.
A selfie of me with the kids.... cool.
 


Life is Good.  I love my new students.  They seem to love me.  Awesome.
 
 

2 comments: