Monday, May 18, 2015

Arches National Park - Day #1

We are spending the next 7 days at Slickrock RV Park in Moab, Utah.  There is only one small campground within the national park so we are staying outside the park.  It will be a very busy time here in Moab with it being the week of Memorial Day.  As it turned out we were lucky to find an RV park that could let us stay for 7 days.

From this location we can visit and hike in Arches and Canyon Land National Parks.  These will be the final two parks of the "Big 5 National Parks" in Utah.  We are also about a half mile from the Colorado River.

We were here in October of 2013 on our first big trip in the RV following retirement.  The day we arrived in Moab the federal government began a shutdown of many government function.  Congress was fighting and they choose to close all national parks while they had their little squabble.  I was mad and I can assure you I didn't vote for any of those bums on their next elections.

Today we got into Arches for our first visit.




Unfortunately I am an idiot.  Once we were inside the park I realized that I had left my camera behind in the motorhome.  Old people have no memory, that's my excuse.  I did shoot a few cell phone photos so I'd have prooof that we made it to Arches after two years.

Can you see Eva's portrait in the rocks?
Life is good.... hiking starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment