Sunday, May 17, 2015

Wrap Up On Capitol Reef & Escalante National Parks

We are out of our digital black hole.  We have arrived in Moab, Utah and Arches National Park.  We left behind a cool Capitol Reef National Park and traveled a beautiful drive of 234 miles to Moab.  It is sunny and warm here, we are happy to be out of the high elevation/snowy mountains.

Today I will wrap-up photos shot in the last several days.  I have fast 4G internet again, yea!!!
 
Our free BLM campsite near Capitol Reef National Park.

The view out our front windshield while camped to last two days.

Eva enjoyed boondocking because she was free to run on acres of open land.  Escalante and Dixie National Forest is an area of 1.9 million acres.  Plenty of room for our hound dog to roam.  It's an amazing thing to have that many acres open for dry camping by anyone that wants to take advantage.  Thank you USA.



As we drove up Highway 12 towards the mountains we could see it snowing.  As we gained elevation we gained more snow.

The snow was sticking.

Once we reached 9,600 feet and crossed the pass the snow eased up quickly.  The drive was truly beautiful but slightly nerve racking.




We enjoyed our 4 hikes in Capitol Reef National Park.  Here are photos along our routes.


Looking over the edge into Gooseneck Canyon.
Hanging 10 on the edge.
Big rocks in Capitol Reef.
We hiked a mile and a half in this river bed.  It was dry, today.
A panorama.
Terri lifted this rock up to see what was under it.  Really.
I couldn't be outdone, so I lifted this rock one handed.  Really.
We drove the dirt road into this canyon for a hike. 
The hike ahead.
Turn right and keep on going.

On the way back out of the park I stopped and fed my wife to this "rock monster".  She had lipped off to me earlier in the day, it was her punishment.  She now respects me and has promised never to question my judgment again.  Really.

Terri faced judgment day in the mouth of the monster.
Life is good..... I hope to be alive after she reads what I have written.

This will soon be my fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment