Thursday, June 19, 2014

What's Black and White and Red All Over?

We are alive and well in Front Royal, Virginia.  We've been out of an internet or cellular coverage area for the last three days, so I will post a few pictures.  More to come later.  Today you get black and white pictures with only reds featured.  Very retro, huh?

At the drug store soda fountain in Buchanan, VA.
This was not a reproduced replica.  It was just plain old.
Old tiles next to old linoleum.
Don't like Coke, try Dr. Pepper.
Terri doesn't like this photo.
I told her she should smile when I aim the camera at her.
1950's Dairy Queen in 2014.
After visiting Buchanan we drove over the mountains to Bedford, Va.  As we were driving around town we saw what I think must be the oldest Dairy Queen still in operation.  It was a 1950's walk-up store that only sold ice cream.  The only thing modern about it were a few signs and the 2014 prices.  I'm sure nothing had been repainted in 2 or 3 decades.

Yes, we did stop and have blizzards.  I consider it historical research.

What's black and white and red all over?..... not the newspaper, it's my pictures.

Life is good in black and white (and red).

1 comment: