Tuesday, July 2, 2013

5 1/2 Hour Anti-Zombie Infusion


                                          Terri and I ten years ago.

It was time for my semiannual infusion of Rytuxin.  This is a drug that I get to control my R.A. It takes up most of the day to get the infusion. It's a 5 1/2 drip.

It happens to be one of the same drugs that Terri took when she had her chemo 15 years ago.  When she had Rytuxin it was an experimental drug.  It worked for her.  One of the side benefits that they found was that it helped people with RA.  I'm happy it works for me also.

I've been having infusions every 6 months for the last couple of years. (All that small print in the Embril and Humara ads you see on TV that say it might kill you.)  Turned out that were close to right.

It's really great to have joints that can move.  Being a zombie in real life is not as much fun as they show in the movies.

1 comment: