Friday, July 12, 2013

Too Many Stair Steps

We hiked 6.6 miles from Lake Ozette to Point Alava on the Pacific and back today.  It was a great hike but the hiking guide book failed to mention there are hundreds and hundreds of stair steps along the route. After four hours on the "Stair Master" it felt like thousands of steps.
 
The views once we got to the Pacific were awesome.

 
Terri found a small log and decided it was time lay down and rest after our lunch of turkey sandwiches.  No PB&J today.





 
Terri is ready for the 3.3 mile walk back, I was not.  But it is best to follow a good woman.


 
Here's the map in case you want to go.  Bring plenty of water.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear this report. My friends and I are planning a road trip to the ocean in September and I had considered this walk. I have now come to my senses and crossed it off my list. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why cross it off your list? Just walk out there and then take public transportation back, Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the part about Terri finding a log as "Terri found a dog." I was furiously scrolling down to see pictures of the dog. I was a bit disappointed that it was a log and not a dog...

    Also, WHY have you abandoned PB&J??!!?? It's SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete