Monday, July 15, 2013

How'd We Get Here Anyhow?


 

Raft Island home in the snow.

 

So how did we get to where we find ourselves today?  Homeless and living in a single wide.

The story began 7 or 8 years ago while sitting at the kitchen table of the Tacoma house.  I told Terri I wanted to buy a bigger boat than our Grand Banks.  She laughed at me.  One of us asked the question, "What should retirement look like?"  I told her I wanted to live aboard a boat, she said, "I want to live in Mexico."

It was settled in the next hour or so.  We would buy a home in Mexico and then I could buy a bigger boat.

Well through the next few years we found the place we wanted to live in Mexico and purchased the condo in Mazatlan.  I had delivered on my end of the deal.  Terri had her retirement home in Mexico.  Now it was time to dream about the next boat.  Somewhere along the line it occurred to me that I would rather travel and see the USA.  After much research we agreed upon living in a motorhome in the Spring and Summer and spending the Winters in Mazatlan.

So we sold the GB and bought the Monaco.

Tomorrows blog will be about how me are making that transition.  A 1,001 details and it is finally happening.


Portofino Condo on a Mazatlan winter day. 78-80 & sunshine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment