Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Sign We Are Famous.....Almost

As we drove up the road next to Lake Cle Elum I had my eyes pealed and looking hard.  I knew what I was looking for but I had no idea where it was.  I wanted to be able to prove that I was almost famous.

The tale begins almost 60 years ago when I was a little kid.  My mothers' uncle owned a dude ranch on the lake.  I can still remember the lodge with every kind of stuffed animal a kid could imagine.  Elk, moose, mountain sheep, deer, you name it and it was there.  Including the big bear skin rug.

Of course they had lots of horses and livestock on the ranch.  It was a fascinating place for a kid.  I'm sure we camped there because my family loved to camp in our tent.  I can still smell the canvas of that old tent in the sun.  Mom and Dad usually slept outside the tent in their mummy bags.  Mom liked seeing the stars.

Well back to the story after my drifting off in fond memories.

I don't remember how many years they had the dude ranch and I have no idea of what became of the ranch or uncle Kenneth.  It's just one of those faded memories that is no longer complete.

And now for the rest of the story.  My mothers' maiden name was Wadsworth and her uncle was Kenneth Wadsworth.  And the picture below proves I am almost famous.

The famous Russ Ranger in all his glory.  Almost.

1 comment:

  1. The family must have camped before my day. I have no recollection of any of that stuff. Cool. I'm going to ask Carol and Auntie Barb for details. I'll let you know what I find out.

    ReplyDelete