Friday, March 21, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

A nice evening at the ball park.
We went to our first of three Spring Training MLB games last night.  We had great seats right behind home plate.  It was so nice for the whole game that Terri never put her jacket on.  The San Francisco Giants were playing the San Diego Padres.  Right from the first inning the Giants ran away with the game.  It was a batters night for sure.

The Crites clan.
Shan, Beth and Shari had flown in for the long weekend of baseball.  You should see the five of us all getting into the Honda Fit.  Tight fit.  We are enjoying talking and eating to much already. 

The Giants using the Mariners dugout last night.
The Peoria Sports Complex is shared by the Mariners and Padres for Spring training.  There are 14 baseball fields with one of those being the stadium for the daily games.  The other 13 fields are used for practice during the days.

Terri's family were all raised in San Diego so they are Padre fans.  I was raised in Tacoma so I was a Tacoma Giants fan as a kid.  With Tacoma being the AAA farm team for San Francisco I was a Giants fan for years.  I remember Gaylord Perry, Dusty Roads, Juan Marshell and the Allue brothers when they played for Tacoma before going up to the majors.

Last nights game was great for me as the Giants tromped the Padres.  I did enjoy razing the Crites clan most of the evening.


One of the interesting features of the Peoria ball field is the outfield seating.  They have a beautiful grass hill for picnic seating.  Just bring your blanket and pick a spot on the lawn.

The view from my seat.
I was able to help the ump call balls and strikes.
I only had to correct him a few times
We finished the evening with ice cream at Dairy Queen.  That's sort of like Spring training for retirees.  I'm getting in great shape for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment