Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm A Free Man, Sort Of

After five days in the hospital I'm finally a free man.  They let me out yesterday because I was back to breathing better and my oxygen was at an acceptable level.  They are still doing tests to see what went wrong, but there is no clear answer at this time.

I have five doctor appointments tomorrow, if you can believe that.  The one thing I'm worried about is my Rheumatoid Arthritis medication.  They have stopped it because it suppresses the immune system.  So now the question is how much do I like being able to walk and move?  That's the 64 dollar question.

So what to do?  Today I went and talked to the doctor that sister Sara works for in Seattle.  She's an acupuncturist and I wanted to know what my options might be for the future, if I have reached the end of the list of RA medications my body can handle.  We'll see if I have to change directions when I talk to my RA doctor tomorrow.  It's all quite confusing right now.

The best part of the day was going to a new Mexican restaurant on Queen Anne with Sara.

We met Sara at her condo after she got off work.  That gave us an hour of quality time with "Fria" the wonder dog.  She took us to the lookout park on Queen Anne Hill so she could be pictured in front of the Space Needle.

What a smart dog.




Terri and Fria on Sara's front steps.
 
I can't wait to take off to the Cascades on Friday morning.  We're hoping for good weather but the National Weather Service says there are chances of thunder storms on the other side of the mountains.  It's going to be warm.  At least we will have warm rain.
 
I've had to promise my wife, my sister, several of my kids and a hand full of doctors that I would back-off my hiking activity for the next few weeks.  We'll see how that works out.  I think I have the message but I'm not very smart at times.
 
We Ranger's may not be smart, but we make up for this with our naturally good looks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Russ, Wende and I ran into Carol yesterday and she mentioned your blog so I've been catching up. Fun to read. Nobody tells stories like a Ranger! Sorry to hear of your recent issues but glad to see you're on the mend. Best of luck with your upcoming adventures. Say Hi to Terri. Take Care, Cousin Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comJune 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete