Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Sky Is Falling, or Maybe Just Fiesta Ware

On one of our first days living in the motorhome we learned an important lesson. We now secure our kitchen cabinets before starting down the road.  The cost of that lesson was 2 Fiesta dinner plates and 3 pasta bowls.

That was the easy part of that lesson.  Now it's time to really pay for our transgression.

When the plates and bowls came crashing down they did major damage to the ceramic tile floor in the kitchen area.

The picture doesn't show how bad the 3 broken tiles look to me.  It's one of those guy things, my eye immediately goes to the chips and cracks every time I walk by.  In a 300 square foot home that is all the time.

After a couple of days of looking at the options we choose to replace the white tile with a manufactured wood flooring.  We are here in Gorst at KSDA for the rest of the week so this is the only time I would have the opportunity in the next 10 months to do this project.


This is a photo of the new flooring laid out over the tile to see how we like our choice.  Next comes the fun part, the old ceramic tile has to come up.  It's BIG hammer time.  While Terri's working at KSDA to help set-up for the rummage sale, I'll be making a mess in the motorhome.

It has to be done.  I can't stand looking at the evidence of our little mistake any longer.

Not even close to done, just laid over the old tile.
 
We'll see how it looks when I'm done.  It should only take 2 days, but I've been known to be wrong in my guesstimates before.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment