Thursday, August 29, 2013

It Rained, It Poured, the Old Man Snored

We've had rain, showers and downpours. That was before it started to really rain.  We are camped on Alder Lake which is a man made lake, therefore there is a massive dam that has held the water back for decades.

Today may be a test for it's endurance.  At least we are on high ground in a section of the park called Elk Plain.

Alder Lake - the view from our campsite yesterday before the monsoons.
The lake is emerald green in the sunshine.
Today we couldn't see across the lake the rains were so heavy.
August in Washington State.

This morning we had to make a run back into Tacoma for some blood tests.  My new Warfarin/Cumadin test meter gave me a really high reading on my weekly test.  Group Health wanted to confirm the number with their own blood draw.  Turns out the meter was a little high, but the Group Health test showed my number double what it should be.

I'm feeling great so the test just means they are adjusting my medicines for a while.  I'm improving every day so I was a little surprised by the number.

While we were in the big city, Terri and I each purchased new bike helmets.  I looked for an orange helmet to match my "Mohawk" but decided to get a blue one to match the bike. While we were in the shopping mood we bought a new bike rack to fit the Fit.

Styling in shiny blue,
Flattens my do,
A little moose,
I'm as good as new.
 
My poetic talents may be better than my artistic rock stacking, however, I have more decades as a poet.  Just ask Phoebe.  I wrote her hundreds of poems when she was little.
 
Maybe Trinity can dig up a few jewels to share with us.
 
Random Photo of the Day:
I'm holding my eldest Granddaughter, Phoebe Rainier Falk in 1996.
She still likes tie-die.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty scenery. Awesome helmet. Sweet baby.

    Did I understand you on the phone earlier? You'll be out of the state from November 'til June?

    ReplyDelete