Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rainier is Only Half There

It was a nice day for a road trip.  We were in the Honda Fit, but this looked like a better way to see Mount Rainier National Park in the day.  That's a classy ride.


We started the day being lazy, as per doctors orders. That lasted until about 10:00am when it was time to hit the road.  The early morning rain had stopped and the rest of the day was pleasant.

Terri in front of half of Mount Rainier.
The top was shrouded in clouds or had disappeared.

We stopped along the way many times to view the waterfalls.  These were my favorites for the day.

Great bridge and waterfall shot.
 
Best falls of the day.
 
We took several small walks along the road trip.  I just had to go cross this log bridge on the Nisqually River. The flow at this time of the year made it look like a creek not a river, but it had a view straight up to Mount Rainier so I needed to "walk not hike" down to the river bed to see for myself.

Sometimes you have to go see for yourself.
 
Standing on the log bridge viewing half a mountain.

In case you were wondering "Artist Ranger" is at it again, stacking rocks.  After a one month break, I have created another piece of art in the Nisqually River Valley.  You will need to go soon if you want to see it. It will be under 6 feet of water shortly.

Fine art for your pleasure.

One of the many glacial valleys.
It shows how wide the rivers become in their season.

And for my last photo for the day I bring you another "Dead Tree" shot.  Maybe someday I will publish a book of "Dead Trees".  I'll let you know when it comes out or you can keep checking the New York Time best seller's list.

A silver dead tree.

Today marks two months since Terri's retirement.  She still feels like she is on vacation, but I guess when you are living in a motorhome it's closer to being on vacation all the time.  We are both enjoying our permanent vacation.
 
 
Random Picture of the Day:
My dad with his mother in 1925.

1 comment:

  1. A young Billy Ranger with an exhausted mother. Seems about right.

    ReplyDelete