Monday, August 5, 2013

No Excitement Just a New Floor

Not a very exciting day for the Ranger's.  Terri spent all day working in the square dance hall setting up the annual rummage sale.  This is the biggest fund raiser for KSDA each year, it keeps the organization going.

I spent the morning and early afternoon on my hands and knees chipping up the old ceramic tile in the motorhome kitchen.  My brother, Dave delivered his chop saw and a circular saw so that I could begin cutting the new wood flooring. 

It's strange to not own all those kinds of tools anymore.  Not very manly.

I'm running ahead of my self imposed two day goal to finish the project.  I've only got two boards left to cut.  Next will be the final installation of the flooring followed by new trim work.  The optimist in me says I'll be done tomorrow but the devil is always in the final finishing details.

Three garbage cans of old tile, a bunch sweat and I was ready for new flooring.

Two boards to go.

 
I'm tired, so it's time to rest and then hit again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Just remember, you're not tired, you're re-tired. There's a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I'm looking forward to seeing the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking awesome, Dad. Good job!

    ReplyDelete