Thursday, August 1, 2013

Why Do People Stack Rocks?

We're back in Tacoma parked in Tamra and Robby's driveway.  We have a bunch of doctors appointments we have grouped together for today.  We'll be leaving this afternoon for Gorst and the Kitsap Square Dance Center to help set-up for their annual rummage sale.

Salmon La Sac was a quiet and peaceful setting to camp.  We just relaxed after a rather busy 10 days at Circle 8 Ranch.  I've been a little under the weather the past few days and haven't felt like hiking.

I've taken up a new hobby.  As we have driven around I've noticed rocks balanced carefully in a column in remote locations.  Well I have decided to add my abundant talents to this great venture.  I'm sure this endeavour has a name but I don't know what it is called but that hasn't stopped me from practicing my newly found outlet for artistic achievement.  I'm now a rock stacker.

I know with much practice I will become better.  My first few "Stacks" can be found on display in the Salmon La Sac area in case you would like to go view my first showing.

Fame can not be far off for a struggling artist like myself.

Now on display at the Salmon La Sac Gallery

Our campsite.  Yes, the picnic table was almost as long as our motorhome. 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to civilization. Why don't you feel well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.

    I like your new hobby!

    Any chance I'll get to see Terri @ Marg's shower tomorrow? I can't make it to the BBQ for Chee, sadly. :(

    ReplyDelete